Sunday, June 15, 2014

in love with the rain

When I was little, I was absolutely, positively terrified of thunderstorms. I'd get so nervous at that first sound of thunder, and I'd constantly ask my parents "Are we gonna have a tornado, are we gonna be ok??" I wouldn't leave my parent's side, and if it stormed during the night I'd either go to their room, or fall back asleep holding onto one of my stuffed animals for dear life. Now, all these years later, you want to know what one of my favorite things in the world is? Thunderstorms. :) And today, we're having one. I love the smell in the air as the thunder is rumbling in the distance, and tiny drops of rain make their way down from the darkened clouds. I love getting cozied up either inside with the windows open, or on the porch, and listening to the birds singing along with the thunder. I love, I love, I love. With a warm, fuzzy feeling. Because winter is over and done, and a new aspect of God's beauty is springing up, as the world comes back to life.

In a happy place. :)

Victoria

picture via weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment