Wednesday, August 4, 2010

God is supposed to be your'e best friend

I read this on another blog.

When I was about thirteen years old, I really wanted a friend. I had many friends-but I desired a close friend, a best friend, someone who was like me. I prayed for a friend, but for a long time the lord never gave me any close friends. I didn't understand why.
Now looking back, I can see that the Lord was trying to teach me that He was the very best friend I could ever have. He new wouldn't be good for me to have a close friend right then because he wanted me to first strengthen my walk with him. It's not wrong to want friends, but God sometimes gives us desires because he wants to turn to him to meet every need.
The Lord desires to have a close, intimate realationship with us. (Ephesians 3: 18-19). It's hard to believe that he would desire our fellowship and friendship, but he does. The Lord does not simply want us to be his servants;he wants us to be his friends. (John 15:15) He does not just desire our work of our service: he wants us! Our greatest fullfillment and joy in life will come by fulfilling that purpose for which we were designed---having fellowship with our creator.



I thought this was really good.

~Victoria~

No comments:

Post a Comment