Sunday, March 7, 2010

Needless rambling on why to wear make up...


Sorry I haven't posted in such a looooong time! this post is in fact something I found...so enjoy!...
So after you've read the title there are three different things you could be thinking...1.duh, all girls wear it because it makes them look way better and any who don't are just plain weird!...2. I have no idea I mean it totally messes up their face! and 3. I wear makeup(occasionally) when I go to church,weddings etc...so I can look my best.
And if your not one of those then your probably the kind of girl who doesn't really care either way!just as a side note: I fall under the above.
Your a girl who wears make up...so what does it do to you? do you feel less presentable, clean, fashionable or neat when not wearing makeup? do you consider it a luxury or necessity? is it something entirely different? would you equate it to spoiling yourself? is it more about how you see yourself or you think you are seen?
NOTE: Before I continue let me make it clear that I have no problem with makeup if its not coated on layer after layer. I think it is cute and attractive in small amounts and it really can be soooo much fun to apply!But on the other hand a girl who's eye lashes have visible clunks of mascara is another story(and one more thing ... this post is more of a way to confirm why, not ask why:)...
so back to the sub... Why wear make up? Okay so here are my (and i mean very) very random thoughts...
Alright well,Some people think it makes them more attractive, and either feeling more attractive gives them more self-confidence or they like feeling as though others are attracted to them. But I would imagine that most people who wear makeup do it because their peers do, and it's a social cue of sorts.I mean if everyone you knew wore red shirts every day, and every advertisement and TV show featured attractive people in red shirts, it probably wouldn't take you long to stop wearing your yellow shirt and get some more red ones.Makeup is heavily marketed as a normal, expected, required aspect of womanhood. Girls grow up knowing that their friends and mothers and favorite stars wear makeup. They wear makeup because they grow up feeling they ought to, or because their parents/siblings/friends actively teach them to.This can become a big problem though!Pretty soon (after wearing it often,like every time you walk out the door) you feel no confidence in yourself and how you look around others you start to have the"oh no, i can't leave the house without 'putting my face on'" sort of make up problem...
So after all that needless rambling I'll just get to the point!:PThe Reason for wearing makeup is because...we're sinful discontent creatures who can never be happy with what God has already blessed us with, we have to keep grasping for more! Makeup is just another way of trying our hardest to be perfect in others eyes. It has nothing to do with how God views us, I know and I'm sure you know as well that God would loves us even if we had the most ugly and deformed face in the history of mankind. So why try to look good in others sight? The only reason we're here is to glorify God and serve him in all that we do! Not impress others with our looks.No its not wrong to look good to others but it is wrong to place that above pleasing God and what He thinks
In all things we should try our hardest to please him in all that we do, if makeup is making that hard for you than don't wear it!Its not wrong(or a sin) to wear makeup(sorry if this is a little confusing, bear with we:)but it is wrong to wear makeup if you already have problems with it and if you think that it is going to make people like you by wearing it.
So here is my simple conclusion...Makeup should be worn for the simple reasons... to be more feminine, to express creativity and beauty, to define our prettier features and help cover up the less desirable ones and(as the case often is) to just lift your spirits on an especially bad hair day:P But you should always make sure that you are still just as comfortable without makeup as you are with it in any situation that comes your way. other wise make up does become a problem and sometimes even a sin.Make up is perfectly harmless so long as your motivations are in the right place.I'm beginning to think that you would have come out with the same conclusion if I had just said " Make up is perfectly harmless so long as your motivations are in the right place" at the very beginning of this post! without all that needless rambling! Oh well...I would love to get your feed back on this post! in other words pleas comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment