Friday, February 19, 2010

The Nativity Story - The Movie




I thought this would be a good time to tell you about a must see movie. The Nativity Story, starring Keisha Castle-Hughes as Mary and Oscar Isaac as Joesph.
I'm sure you've done this too. You read it every year, and everything becomes "normal." The thing that got me the most was her pregnancy. Reading the story, its like...."yeah, yeah, yeah, she gave birth to a Son concieved of the Holy Spirit, I know that!" The movie helped me to see how hard that must have been! Trying to convince her parents that she hadn't been with anyone, or Joseph for that matter! And how ridiculous it must have sounded, yet it was true! Can you imagine how scary that must have been for her? She was around 14-16 I believe, she had to leave her home, her family, everything. And Joesph, he didn't really have a choice in all this! Yeah, think that over for a bit!
I reccomend this movie to anyone who has "normalized" the birth story. Its a great movie, the filming is great too! Let me know if you do see it, what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment